Bad case of burning.
--On yesterday morning, Imogene Doggett
, daughter of Rev. Dr. Doggett
, aged about five years, was dreadfully and, perhaps, fatally injured by burns, received by her clothes igniting while standing in front of the fire-place in an upper room of her father's residence, on Leigh, between 7th and 8th streets, in this city.
The screams of the little sufferer quickly summoned to her aid all the available assistance within reach, but her clothes were not removed till she was injured to that degree that she can hardly survive her injuries.
, Little, and Trent
were called in, and succeeded, by the free use of chloroform, in partially allaying her intense suffering.
On a former occasion, as we learn, Dr. Doggett
had the misfortune to lose one of his children in a manner similar to the above, and the present untoward accident is, therefore, both distressing in itself and for the recollections it cannot but evoke.
P. S.--After the above was in type death kindly stopped the misery that human skill could not ward off. The child died at 2½ o'clock.