From C. A. of the 10th Alabama regiment, who arrived from Washington
Saturday evening, we get the following list of Southern soldiers who have at Hospital the battle of Williamsburg
The list was made out by the Medical Director
of the District
Lieut.-Col. W. M. Fornsy
, of the 16th Alabama, and Capt. Murphy
, of the 9th Alabama, both wounded in the Williamsburg
battle, are doing finely, being well cared for by the parties having them in charge.
, of the 19th Mississippi, is in Washington
, and nearly recovered from his wounds.
He has been allowed the privilege of the District
All of our wounded taken to Washington city
are well treated by the authorities, and most handsomely cared for by the Southern
ladies of the city.
Everything is done that can be done by these noble spirits for the amelioration of the sufferings of our gallant boys who have had the misfortune to fall into the hands of the enemy, and been carried to the Federal
On the arrival of the Yankee Surgeons
released by Jackson
a short time since, Dr. Bates
and four volunteer Surgeons taken at Williamsburg
were unconditionally released, having previously been paroled.
will remain for some days at the 2d Alabama Hospital, where he can be seen, if there are persons in the city who wish to inquire for friends.
List of the dead.
- May 21st.--John Kick, 14th Va., pneumonia.
- May 22d.--E. S. Armes, 5th S. C., volumes sculpt.
- May 23d.--P. H. Flannery, 8th Ala., volumes sclopet; H. H. Erwin, 1st Palmetto Rifles, vulmes sclopet; J. S. Looney, 1st Palmetto Rifles, vulmes sclopet.
- May 24th.--W. H. Cole, 7th Va., remittant fever; T. C. Christopher, 7th Va., vulmes sclopet.
- May 25th.--H. A. Barber, 7th Va., vulmes sclopet; N. Farmer, 13th Va., vulmes sclopet.
- May 26th.--James Donahue, 9th Ala., vulmes sclopet.
- May 27th.--James Beck, 1st Richmond Artillery, vulmes sclopet; N. B. Bryant, 19th Miss., vulmes sclopet.
- May 29th.--Franklin Furr, 14th Ala., vulmes sclopet; H. T. Elam, 11th Va., vulmes sclopet.
- May 30th.--Peter Moss, 1st Va., vulmes sclopet.
- May 31st.--Wm. Holden, 24th Va., plithisis.
- June 3d.--Wm Brown, 5th N. C., plenitis.
- May 25th.--E. M. Cook, 10th Alabama, vulmes sclopet.
- May 22d.--T. Ray, 9th Va., vulmes sclopet; J. M. Nickers, 5th N. C., vulmes sclopet.
- May 25th.--J. S. Dennis, 9th Ala., vulmes sclopet.
- May 18th.--W. R. King, 28th Va., vulmes sclopet.
- May 19th.--J. A. Allen, 18th Va., vulmes sclopet.
- June 2d.--Chas Brown, 6th N. C., vulmes sclopet.
- June 7th.--W Hodgkins, 115th Va., chronic bronchitis.