--The alarm of fire about 12 o'clock on Wednesday night, was caused by the burning of a wooden kitchen located near the Methodist Church on Union Hill.
The combustible nature of the material of which the structure was composed, caused it to appear like an extensive conflagration.
The kitchen was the property of Mr. Simpson.
The Daily Dispatch: September 20, 1862. Richmond Dispatch. 4 pages. by Cowardin & Hammersley. Richmond. September 20, 1862. microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mi : Proquest. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm.
Institute of Museum and Library services National Leadership Grant provided support for entering this text.
An XML version of this text is available for download,
with the additional restriction that you offer Perseus any modifications you make. Perseus provides credit for all accepted
changes, storing new additions in a versioning system.