--Between 11 and 12 o'clock Friday night the frame stable and carriage-house of Mr. John Frayzer
, on Council Chamber Hill
, near Ross street, was destroyed by fire.
The frame stable of Mr. John M. Daniel
, adjoining the above, was also considerably injured, but was saved from destruction by the prompt exertions of the firemen.
The fire was the work of an incendiary.
About the same time as the above fire smoke was seen issuing from a stable in an alley near the Medical College, which was found to proceed from some straw in the stable loft, which had been fired either by an incendiary or by a spark from the first fire.
Between two and three o'clock Saturday evening the roof of the kitchen of Mr. Wm. Beers
, corner of College and Broad streets, caught fire from a defective fine, but the fire was extinguished without the aid of the fire department.