previous next


Fire.

--The alarm of fire which was sounded yesterday morning at half-past 9 o'clock proceeded from the burning of a mattress in the dwelling-house of Mr. John K. Martin, on the corner of First and Cary streets. The bed was consumed and a hole burnt in the floor before the fire was discovered. No further damage was sustained.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.

An XML version of this text is available for download, with the additional restriction that you offer Perseus any modifications you make. Perseus provides credit for all accepted changes, storing new additions in a versioning system.

hide Places (automatically extracted)

View a map of the most frequently mentioned places in this document.

hide People (automatically extracted)
Sort people alphabetically, as they appear on the page, by frequency
Click on a person to search for him/her in this document.
John K. Martin (1)
hide Display Preferences
Greek Display:
Arabic Display:
View by Default:
Browse Bar: