Roman marching camps on the N bank of the Earn opposite Strageath fort. The camp to the E (ca. 630 x 420
in), visible only as crop marks on air photographs, belongs to a group averaging 25.2 ha in extent which are
thought to have been built during the early Severan campaigns. The second camp (ca. 810 x 570 m; 48 ha) probably dates to the later Severan campaigns; part of its
N side survives in Innerpeffray Wood.
48 (1958) 90; 49 (1959) 116-19.
K. A. STEER