previous next

INNERPEFFRAY Perthshire, Scotland.

Two Roman marching camps on the N bank of the Earn opposite Strageath fort. The camp to the E (ca. 630 x 420 in), visible only as crop marks on air photographs, belongs to a group averaging 25.2 ha in extent which are thought to have been built during the early Severan campaigns. The second camp (ca. 810 x 570 m; 48 ha) probably dates to the later Severan campaigns; part of its N side survives in Innerpeffray Wood.


JRS 48 (1958) 90; 49 (1959) 116-19.


hide Display Preferences
Greek Display:
Arabic Display:
View by Default:
Browse Bar: