fortlet midway between the forts of Ardoch and Strageath. It measures ca. 29 by 26 m over the ramparts, and
was further defended by two ditches and a counterscarp
bank. When excavated in 1900 the interior was found to
contain an extensive area of well laid paving, but no
traces of buildings. No datable material was recovered,
so that the relationship of this fortlet to the nearby signal
posts is uncertain.
Proc. Soc. Ant. Scotland
35 (1901) 18-21.
K. A. STEER