(Lalla Djillalia) Morocco.
station of the Antonine Itinerary
(8.1), mentioned in the
(occ. 26), in Mauretania Tingitana on the road from Tingis to Lixus. The ruins cover
nearly 10 ha. One can recognize a castellum about 90 m
square and a settlement protected by a rampart, beyond
which spread some indeterminate suburbs. Coins and
potsherds show the site was occupied continuously from
the 1st c. A.D. to the end of the 4th, but it was probably
largely destroyed in the second half of the 3d c.
L. Chatelain, Le Maroc des Romains
(1944) 49-52; M. Tarradell, “La crisis del siglo III de
J.C. en Marruecos,” Tamuda
3 (1955) 83-84; M. Ponsich, “Contribution à l'Atlas archéologique du Maroc:
région de Lixus,” Bulletin d'Archeologie Marocaine
(1966) 418, no. 68.