A Roman municipium 8 km SE of Forlì
on the Via Aemilia between Caesena and Forum Livii.
It was a diocesan seat at least from the 6th c. A.D.
Numerous private buildings with mosaics from various
periods have been discovered, which conform to the plan
of the modern town and confirm the regularity of the
ancient city's plan, axial on the Via Aemilia. The necropolis of Melatello, to the NE of the city, probably belonged to a vicus. The territory shows three different
orientations in the centuriation.
Aurigemma, “Forlimpopoli,” NSc
(1940), p. 5PI
; G. A. Mansuelli, Caesena, Forum Popili,
G. A. MANSUELLI