Located by its position in the Antonine Itinerary
476.10, 479.6) on Watling Street between Fenny Stratford and Little Brickhill, near the place where the road
crosses the Ouzel river. Several finds of Roman material have been recorded and part at least of the settlement seems to have lain in an area called Auld Fields,
near the farm called Dropshort. Recent excavations between the road and the right bank of the river have
revealed a stone and timber building and cobbled floors
associated with 4th c. pottery and coins, but the extent
of the settlement has not yet been defined.
G. Lipscombe, History and Antiquities
IV (1847) 29-30; F. Haverfield, Proc. Soc. Ant.
24 (1911-12) 36; JRS
58 (1968) 192; Itinerary
: A.L.F. Rivet, Britannia
1 (1970) 42, 49, 51.