11.1 km W of Bristol, 0.4 km S of Birdcombe Court, excavated in 1950-53. The remains consisted of a subrectangular structure (18 x 6 m) divided into five rooms and facing E onto a yard or possibly a roofed hall (19.5 x
7.5 m). Along the S side of this and of the first building
was a well-constructed suite of baths (19.5 x 4.5 m).
Three phases of building were distinguished in the baths,
but the whole occupation appeared to be limited to A.D.
250-350. The site had been thoroughly robbed of stone.
The standard of construction of the baths is so high that
there were probably other Roman buildings.
C. M. Sykes & G. A. Brown, Proc. Somerset Arch. and Nat. Hist. Soc
. 105 (1961) 37-51.