A town near
Lake Boibeïs, mentioned in Homer but not by later authors; it belonged to Magnesia. The site is now generally
taken to be the hill N of the village of Kaprena near
modern Glafira. Leake was able to trace the full circuit
of the walls, built of roughly shaped blocks in irregular
courses, and reported considerable remains of walls inside. Inscriptions found there indicate that the town continued to be inhabited in the Classical period.
. 2.712; W. M. Leake, Nor. Gr.
(1835) iv 431-33; A.J.B. Wace in JHS
26 (1906) 162.
M. H. MC ALLISTER