Canton of Arles-sur-Tech, Pyrénées-Orientales, France.
Gallo-Roman bath complex in the locality formerly known as Arles in the middle valley of the Tech or Vallespir. Among the architectural remains visible in the modern establishment is a
vast barrel-vaulted room containing a swimming pool.
Its side walls contain semicircular and square niches.
Other remains include a small swimming pool surrounded by small chambers (some with the original
vaulting), various antique sub-structures, wells, and
drains. In 1845 a votive deposit was found at the mouth
of the thermal spring. It contained coins and lead plaques
bearing the names of local water divinities.
E. Espérandieu, Répertoire archéologique des Pyrénées-Orientales
(1936) 13-19; P. Ponsich, Etudes Roussillonnaises
2 (1952) 215-25, 227-32; 4