(Sutoru) Cluj, Romania.
Roman camp and civil settlement on the imperial road from Napoca to Porolissum, S of the village on the left slope of the Almaş valley. The name appears in ancient sources
. 4.7). Numerus Maurorum Optatianensium was stationed in the camp. Among funeral
monuments were discovered the cippus of a Dacian family provided by the son, who became standard-bearer in Numerus Maurorum Optatianensium. This indicates local recruitment.
The material is to be found in the History Museum of
Transylvania in Cluj.
C. Daicoviciu, “Un nou milliarium din
Dacia,” Anuarul Institutului de Studii Clasice
1, 2 (1928-32) 52; D. Tudor, Oraşe, tîrguri şi sate în Dacia romană