About 6 km E of Randazzo, the fief of
St. Anastasia is the site of a necropolis discovered at the
end of the last century. The graves have yielded notable
finds, now preserved at the Vagliasindi Museum in Randazzo and at the national museums of Siracusa and Palermo; they include prehistoric objects, Sicilian terracottas of the late archaic period, vases of the 5th c. B.C.
The site is identified with Tissa by some scholars.
E. Rizzo, “Una necropoli greca a S.
Anastasia presso Randazzo e la Collezione Vagliasindi,”
(1900) 237ff; Can. V. Raciti Romeo, Randazzo, Origine e Monumenti
(1919); P. Virgilio, Randazzo e il Musec Vagliasindi
C. BUSCEMI INDELICATO