Dept. Haute Vienne,
A Gallo-Roman dwelling, known locally
as Chez Roger. Overlooking the valley of the Vienne,
the site was excavated in part from 1946 to 1951, then
again from 1961 to 1968. As a result, part of the foundations of a Gallo-Roman villa were uncovered. Only the
two “arms” of the U-shaped structure have been excavated. Two heads of statues, in limestone, Doric capitals, columns, etc., suggest that the villa was fairly luxurious. Objects found on the site range from the
beginning of the 2d c. A.D. to the middle of the 4th c.
“Le site gallo-romain de ‘Chez Roger,’” Bull. de la Sahl