This settlement was no doubt originally a part of the territory
of the colony of Cuicul. It is placed at the edge of the
high plains. From the time of Hadrian it was the center
of a pagus, placed under the responsibility of a magister.
Perhaps Roman citizens lived there rather early in the
2d c. In 411 and 484 a bishop is known to have been
there. The ruins are distributed over a huge area, but
no monument is identifiable.
S. Gsell, Atlas archéologique de l'Algérie
(1911) 16, no. 269; P. Petitmeng in MélRome
79 (1967) 190-205.