a monument on the northern slope of the Quirinal, near
the temple of Flora (Mart. v. 22. 3). There may have been a vicus
named from this pila, in which the temple of FLORA (q.v.) stood (HJ 427;
RhM 1894, 397).
A Topographical Dictionary of Ancient Rome. Samuel Ball Platner. Thomas Ashby. London: Humphrey Milford. Oxford University Press. 1929.
The National Endowment for the Humanities provided support for entering this text.