previous next


supposed to have stood near the circus Flaminius (HJ 549; LR 456), from an inscription (CIL vi. 1676) that records the restoration of some structure by Anicius Acilius Glabrio Faustus in 408-423 A.D. See also XENODOCHIUM ANICIORUM (for an erroneous theory that the Anicii dwelt in the insula Tiberina, see Besnier, L'Ile Tiberine 64-65).

hide Display Preferences
Greek Display:
Arabic Display:
View by Default:
Browse Bar: