a building restored by Hadrian (Hist.
Aug. 19), and
mentioned in Cur. in Region IX
and in Pol. Silv. (545).
This basilica is now
generally, and properly, identified with the στόα
Agrippa in 25 B.C. (Cass. Dio liii. 27
), and with the
burned in the great fire in the reign of Titus (ib. lxvi. 24)
between the Pantheon and the Hadrianeum. By some it
has also been
identified with the PORTICUS ARGONAUTARUM
(q.v.), but it is probable
that they were separate structures, although near together
adjoining (Lucas, Zur Geschichte der Neptunsbasilika,
OJ 1912, 132-135