(M. Aemilii Paulli): a column, adorned with the beaks
of ships, erected on the Capitoline in honour of M. Aemilius Paullus,
consul in 255 B.C., and destroyed by lightning in 172 B.C. (Liv. xlii. 20. 1).
A Topographical Dictionary of Ancient Rome. Samuel Ball Platner. Thomas Ashby. London: Humphrey Milford. Oxford University Press. 1929.
The National Endowment for the Humanities provided support for entering this text.