previous next


the tomb of the Rusticelii, a monument of tufa and peperino, 30 feet square, dating from the end of the republic. It was completely covered by the TESTACEUS (q.v.) MONS, but was found in 1687 during some excavations in the side of the hill (CIL vi. 11534-11535; Ann. d. Inst. 1878, 177-180).

hide Display Preferences
Greek Display:
Arabic Display:
View by Default:
Browse Bar: