previous next


on the Caelian: opposite the temple of Isis (v. INTER DUOS LUCOS). It was probably close to the boundary betweenRegions II and III, near SS. Quattro Coronati (Rev. Etudes Anc. 1914, 213-214; AJA 1914, 530), and was called pulcherrima at the beginning of the fourth century (Hist. Aug. xxx. tyr. 25). It belonged to C. Pius Esuvius Tetricus, who was defeated by Aurelian in 274 A.D. V. Domaszewski (SHA 1916, 7. A, io; 1918, 13. A, 49; 1920, 6. A, 28) regards the whole passage as a sheer invention.

hide Dates (automatically extracted)
Sort dates alphabetically, as they appear on the page, by frequency
Click on a date to search for it in this document.
300 AD (1)
274 AD (1)
hide Display Preferences
Greek Display:
Arabic Display:
View by Default:
Browse Bar: