Now Parma. A town in Gallia Cispadana, situated on a river of the same name, between
Placentia and Mutina, on the Via Aemilia; originally a town of the Boii, but made a Roman
colony B.C. 183. It was celebrated for its wool (Mart.xiv. 155).
Harry Thurston Peck. Harpers Dictionary of Classical Antiquities. New York. Harper and Brothers. 1898.
The National Endowment for the Humanities provided support for entering this text.