, a town of Gallia Cispadana, mentioned by Pliny among the municipal towns of that region (3.15. s. 20). His authority is confirmed by inscriptions, in which we find “Municipium Forodruent.,” for Forodruentinorum.
As the name is not mentioned in the Itineraries it seems clear that it was not situated on the Via Aemilia, and it has been supposed to occupy the site of Bertinoro,
a small episcopal town about 3 miles S. of Forlimpopoli;
this however is a mere conjecture. (Gruter, Inscr.
pp. 492. 5, 1094. 2; Orell. Inscr.
80; Cluver, Ital.