LOSO´RIUM (Λοσόριον), a fortress in Lazica, built by Justinian (Procop. de Aed. 3.7), which Dubois de Montpereux (Voyage Autour du Caucase, vol. ii. p. 360) identifies with the modern village of Loussiatkhevi. [E.B.J]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.