LU´PPIA (Λουππία), a place of considerable importance in the north of Germany, between the rivers Albis and Visurgis, above Mons Melibocus. (Ptol. 2.11.28, 8.6.3.)
It is generally identified with the modern town of Lupta. [L.S]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.