TAMARA (Ταμαρή, Ptol. 2.3.30), a town of the Dumnonii, at the SW. extremity of Britannia Romana, at the mouth of the Tamarus. Now Tamerton near Plymouth. (Camden,p. 25.) [T.H.D]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.