ARDABDA, ARDAUDA (Ἀρδάβδα, Ἀρδαύδα), signifying the city of the seven gods, was the name given by the Alani or the Tauri to the city of THEODOSiA on the Tauric Chersonese. (Anon. Peripl. Pont. Eux. p. 5.) [P.S]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.