AVUS (Ptol. 2.6.1: Αὔουποταμοῦἐκβολαί), or AVO (Mela, 3.1.8), a small river on the W. coast of Hispania Tarraconensis, N. of the Durius and S. of the Naebis, in the territory of the Gallaeci Bracarii; now called the Rio d'Aye [P.S]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.