CATTARUS (Κάτταρος: Cattaro), a fortress of Dalmatia in Illyricum, restored by Justinian, was situated on the east side of the bay called after it. (Procop. de Aedif. 4.4.)
It is probably the same as the Decadaron of the Geogr. Rav.
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.