CHOE´REAE (Χοιρέαι), a place in Euboea, only mentioned by Herodotus (6.101), appears to have been situated between Tamynae and the island Aegilia. Cramer supposes Choereae to be the islets named Kavalleri in modern maps.
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.