LAMO´TIS (Λαμῶτις), a district on the eastern coast of Cilicia Aspera, between the rivers Calycadnus and Lamus. Its capital bore the name of Lamus, from which that of the district was derived. (Ptol. 5.8.6; comp. LAMUS) [L.S]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.