MA´LEUM, P. (Μαλεὼἅκρον,Ptol. 7.1.4), a promontory which forms the southern termination of Syrastrene (now Cutch).
It separated the gulfs of Canthi (the Runn of Cutch) and Barygaza (Cambay). [V]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.