MASSIE´NA a town, mentioned only by Avienus (Or. Marit. 450, seq.), situated on the south coast of Hispania Tarraconensis, from which the Sinus Massienus derived its name.
It is the bay S. of Cartagena between C. Palos and C. Gata.
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.