OLI´CANA (Ὀλίκανα, Ptol. 2.3.16), a town of the Brigantes in the N. of Britannia Romana; according to Camden (p. 867), Ilkley, on the river Wherf in Yorkshire. [T.H.D]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.