PA´MPHIA (Παμφία), a village of Aetolia, on the road from Metapa to Thermum, and distant 30 [p. 2.538]stadia from each, was burnt by Philip in B.C. 218. (Plb. 5.8, 13; for details see THERMUM）
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.