PANDION a headland in the south-west of Caria, opposite the island of Syme. (Pomp. Mela, 1.16.) Pliny (5.29) mentions on the same spot a small town Paridlon, or according to another reading Parydon. [L.S]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.