PARTHALIS (Plin. Nat. 6.18. s. 22), the name given by Pliny to the palace of the rulers of the Calingae, who lived at the mouths of the Ganges.
The last edition of Pliny by Sillig reads Protalis for the older form, Parthalis. [V]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.