PLUVINA a town of Pelagonia, to which the consul Sulpicius retired in his campaign against Philip, B.C. 200. (Liv. 31.39.) Its position must be looked for in one of the valleys watered by the Erigon and its branches. [E.B.J]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.