PONTES a Roman station in the territory of the Atrebates, seated on the Thames, on the road from Calleva (Silchester) to Londinium. (Itin. Ant. p. 478).
It was at or near Old Windsor. [T.H.D]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.