The Williamsburg battle
Our wounded at Williamsburg.
To the Editors of the Dispatch.
Casualties in the 9th Alabama Reg't
To the Editors of the Dispatch:
- Company A--Killed: Private C W Stizemore Wounded: Capt. W C Murphy, mortally; Corporal J MacMullin, Joe Amento, A Guerrello, Thos. Holliman, J New, slightly.
- Company B--Killed; at Finn, P McGlowen, N Cass, W Tracy. Wounded: N Gaven, G Flarity. Missing: John Jacobs, Jas Dorin.
- Company C--Killed: J T Ravyer. wounded: M C Castleberry, James Donahoe, W J Thorn, mortally; J N Nesmith, Thos Simmons, slightly. Missing: T J Huss, G W Berry.
- Co D — Killed: E B Somerhill. Wounded. J A Bynum.
- Company E--Killed: E Bondill. Wounded: R H Chear, mortally; W B Cain, J M Gamble, J W Sugars, W A Grubbs, T M Thompson, J Q Adams, slightly. Missing: R L Carter and H Holmes.
- Company G--Killed: J Long. Wounded: S Skipper, G N Levis, J B Levis, J J Wright, B A Spradly, Henry Tittle, J K Stephens, A Smith, E B Lartin,
- Company H--Wounded: Lieut J R McDonald; Corp'l W C Everett; Privates, P D Mings, Wm. Isbell, Wm. McCabe.
- Company I--Wounded: Capt. D W Gillis, in the arm; Corp'l W S Brookes; Privates, John Wilson, J H Garrard, T M Wilson.
- Company K--Killed: T. Sims. Wounded: T Dolin, H W Lang, W D Hill.
List of killed and wounded.
Nineteenth Virginia regiment.
- Company A--Sergeant A H Hoffman, killed; Corporal William Culin, slightly wounded; Privates William T. Jones, badly wounded in face; C W Vandergrift, badly wounded in body; John D Durrett, wounded in head, (supposed to be dead;) John J Christian, wounded in arm, (very slight;) M W Wing field. wounded in arm, (very slight;) William A Johnson, wounded in arm, (slight;) A J Brown, wounded in head, (slight)
- Company B--James B Hamner, killed; David R Goodman, badly wounded in side and arm; J W Via, slightly wounded in head; Sergeant P H Craven, slightly wounded in arm; Lieutenant R West Wirt, slightly wounded in finger.
- Company C--Sergeant H Harden, finger shot off; private Allen H Harlow, wounded in arm; Corporal J W Kent, missing; private L F Mayo, missing.
- Company D--Captain J Faulkner, slightly wounded; Privates William T Stinnett, wounded; James W Maxwell, wounded in arm; A H Turner, wounded in hand; John Tindall, wounded in body; James Woody, wounded in face; G W Wood, wounded in body; W W Walton, killed; W H Thomas, killed.
- Company E--John W Leake, slight wound in thigh.
- Company F--Capt. Bennett Taylor, wounded in thigh; Serg't Robert Wood, wounded in arm; Privates, A J Wood, killed; R Kirby, wounded in arm; D Smith, wounded in hand; J Barnett, wounded in arm.
- Company G--Robt D Mays, wounded mortally; W C Wills, wounded in arm; John Smith, wounded very slight; Wm. B Coffey, wounded slightly
- Company H--Lieut Benj Brown, wounded slightly in side; Corp'ls G B Mason, wounded in groin; N A Mays, wounded in hand; Privates. Henry Berry, wounded in leg; R H Mays, wounded in leg; Jno Bryant, wounded in leg; A A Drumheller, wounded in hand; J Drumheller, killed.
- Company I--Serg't T H Campbell, wounded in head, slight; Privates Cornelius Carpenter, wounded in body, badly; E H Massie, wounded in throat, badly; Matt Tucker, wounded in shoulder, slight; W H Campbell, wounded in shoulder, badly.
- Company K--A T Rea, leg broken by a ball.