List of casualties.
Borrow will be found some additional lists of killed, wounded, and missing in the recent battles near this city:
List of the killed and wounded of the 40th Va. Regiment, in the battles of Jane 26th and 27th.
Lieut. Col W. W. Walker
, wounded in leg and arm.
Adjutant W A Brockenbrough.
Serg't Major Samuel Leader
- Company A.--Killed: Serg't Henry Bunn, priv't Latham.
Wounded: Lt Henry Harding, Serg't Jas Hall, Corpl J B Williams, privates Jos Dodson, Wm H McGaiggan, John Hockaday, N O Luck, R Corsey.
Wm T Hart, W J Stekes, H Marsh.
- Company B.--Killed: J O Kennan.
Wounded: Capt A J Sydnor.
in leg; Lieut E Brockenbrough, in leg arm; Lieut Thos Jones, slightly in head; O S T D Ficklin, Corpl R L Reynolds, Jos P Mitchell, severely; J Mealy, Ro Hall, flesh wound; John G Leland, S Rockwell, R H Coleman, H M Dudley, W H Merrig.
- Company C.--Killed: Serg't R Eo wen, privates L M Sebrec, Samuel Bell, N C Barton, W Greenwood, G Moon.
Wounded: Capt T E Betts, Lieut C E Redman, privates Ellughes, J Hayes, W T Hall, A W Garner, J S Winstead, J B Jett, Wm Swain, W March, Benj Turner, G Rice, R Reynolds.
- Company D.--Killed: None.
Wounded: William France, O Sergt J H Yeatman, C H Scott, V Anthony, G Bowen, W H Balderson, C H Carter, G Hinson, G W Quesenberry, R Hardwick, E Edmonds.
- Company E.--Killed: R Maskell, R Coats, W H H Scrimger.
Wounded: Serg't John Lambkin, Sergt J W Efford, T Willard, Wm Mealey, A Efford, R Dunnaway, V R Clark, J B Warwick, James J King, R Loving, H Purcell.
- Company F. Killed: Privates N T Cockrill, Wm Jones.
Wounded: Corpl Wm Flint, Corpl L W Moore; Invates W H Covington, T W Eskridge, L W Haynie, Jos Hall, L Jones, Jas Jones, T Morrison, C R Rock, W C Rice, N Haynie.
- Company G. Killed: Privates W S Jones, Jos Patrick.
Wounded: Ord Sgt W P Hudgins, Sgt S B Huge left; Privates Jno Davis, R Davis, N Wilson.
- Company H.--Killed: None.
Wounded: Capt Wm T Chase, Lieut E Edmonds, Sgt G Saunders; Privates Wm Cundiff, P T Burruss, James May, W Limerick.
- Company I.--Killed: 8gt A Revere; Privates R Mealy, T Denney.
Wounded: Lieut Jno Moody, Lieut W Coe, Ord Sgt T G Pinkard; Privates Jos Anderson, Jno Treade, Jas Sanford, D Maston, H H Shaw, Jno Rogers.
- Company K.--Killed: None.
Wounded: Sgt G Walker; Privates T Yeatman, J Short, M Murphy, Jno Elmore, Jno Davis.
The above list does not include those who (though wounded) were able to remain with the regiment.
Casualties in the 47th Virginia regiment, commanded by Col. Ro. M. Mayo.
Field and Staff — col Mayo
, wounded slightly in the arm.
- Company A. Capt Chas J Green — killed: H C Patton.
Wounded: Capt G J Green, in the leg; Lieut W Peyton Monroe, in the thigh; Privates a J Patton, slightly; B H Garrison, slightly;
- Company B, Capt John S Talliaferro — killed: none.
Wounded: Capt John S Talliaferro, slightly; Privates J W. Grillin, badly; W Alien, slightly.
- Company C, Capt E L Wharton — killed: none.
Wounded: E L Wharton; Privates Wm P Sanford and Jas Bartlett, wounded by shell on the 27th, but remained on the field; a J Barrack, mortally; F S Sisson, slightly in leg.
- Company D, Capt W N Ward — killed: none.
Wounded: Capt Ward, badly in shoulder; Privates Thos Cannon, slightly;--Reynolds, badly.
- Company E, Capt Robt W Eubank — killed: none.
Wounded: Capt Robt W Eubank, badly, but not dangerously, in the leg by shell; Privates David Sterne, in shoulder; Wm S Anderson, shoulder.
- Company F, Capt S P Gresham — killed: none.
Wounded: Privates G W Neall, slightly by shell.
- Company G, Capt L Wright — killed: private Rufus is. wounded: Capt Luther Wright, in the month; Lieut Geo.
W Marshall, badly in foot and leg; Privates John J Miller, in shoulder; Geo M Farrar severely in side; H W Brooke, in leg.
- Company H, Capt Thos R Dew — killed: none.
Wounded: L B Andrews, badly; Thos E Payse, slightly; Geo F Gouldman, slightly.
- Company I, Capt J D Brace — killed: Privates Geo West.
Wounded Serg a W Jones, slightly; Corp H C for, in hand; Privates N Jones, C H Jones, slightly; P Jones, in hand; J O West, in shoulder; Geo English, in mouth; E Groves, in head, slightly; W a Carroll, slightly in head; C W Schooler, slightly in leg.
- Company K, Capt J P Ware — killed: Thos P Burrows.
Wounded: J J Carneal, Mordecai Taylor.
Total number engaged in the tow days' fight, 273.
, 1st Lieut.
47th Virginia Reg
Casualties in the 44th Virginia regiment, ( Lt. Col. A. C Jones, commending,) Elzey's Brigade, in the Statute of of Friday, 27th inst:
Killed is 1st Serg't John F Hagby, Company C.--Wounded: Lt. Col.
A C Jones
, Adj't C Y Steptoe
, C H Harises, co H; Capt Wm Gilliam
, co I; Lt co B, Lt H G Richardson
, co G; Henry Bell
, Co F, Fabert Armistond, co G; Allen Blanton
, co H; J A W co H; Charles Rutcheson
, co I, Wm J H co H Beverely wounded.
and bb co. D.
List of killed and wounded is the 11st Alabama regiment in of the 27th June
S F wounded. L. W.
- B Young, slightly; Privates A F Wayne, and rely; L B Hackaby, T R Johnson, do; A A Johnson, seriously; F E Safety, J R Conts, Wm Griffith, Wm Worthington.
Total wounded, 10.
- Company B.--Killed Jar F Allen, H T Cimlfield, Henry H Lamb.
Wounded: Lt Clark, slightly in arm; Sgt M C North, slightly in leg; Corp'l James D Kumbrough, thigh Privates Patton, severely in lungs; J P Clark, both arms; R A Humlet, hand; B F Gordon, legs Wia Rocback, spent ball in side; Thos Avery, head; Elisha Weeds, severely in head; J S Merrill, slightly in head; Calvin Edmeston, head; Cicero Kirksey, slightly in shoulder.
Total killed, 3; wounded, 12
- Company C.--Killed: R N Archibald, J. D Baines.
F L Eatman, J B Maxwell, (color bearer.) T B Richardson, J Collins, mortally wounded, since died.
Wounded: Lt R H Gordon, slightly in leg; Sgts Richardson, arm; Gathwright, foot; Privates J Stafford, shoulder; T Sallivan and T Lanford, thigh; T Moore, body; John Murphy, arm; J O Duncan, do; R Waller, leg; M Baskin, do; J Paschal, hand; J Breathwaite, thigh; D Montgomery, arm; W Sanders, slightly in leg. Total killed, 6, badly wounded G; slightly wounded, 12; missing, 1.
- Company D.--Killed: J E Dossett.
Franklin Wright, and R B Gullett, Wounded; Sgts W H Hummell, foot; J L Burton, head; Corp is J H Stewart, breast; W A Anderson, thigh; W C Peguesgrabt, Privates Thos Askew, leg; H C Cater arm; T K Cathey, hand; J W Deans, do; W W Ellington, head; B Jones, arm and leg; Chas Kirker, face; T Prince, hip, W H Percell, hand; S H Roels, face; S Young, leg. Total Killed, 3; wounded, 16; loss, 12.
- Company E.--Killed; Lt W C Faith.
Wounded:--Simpson, mortally; Dan'l James, face; Allen Shultz, hip and side.
Killed, 1; wounded, 3; missing 2; total, 6.
- Company F.--Killed: A J Garner, Privates Kennedy, Jacob Taylor, Lewis Taylor, Spinks, Espy.
Wounded: Sergt Oldham, leg; Corp'l Cawley and Johnson, Privates Fitts, Campbell, James, Smith, Brown, Degby, Lightsey, Killed, 6; wounded, 11; missing, 3; total, 20.
- Company G.--Killed: Private Humphrey.
Wounded: Corpl Butt, Privates Adams, Ashworth, Carroll, Dodds, Finicy, Farrington, Gossett, Gaddy, Hughes, McGee, Ross, Rosser, Ray. Killed, 1, Wounded, 14; missing, 1; total, 16.
- Company H.--Killed : Sergt J D Sanders, priv'ts T J Jay J J Segmor.
Wounded: Capt M L Stewart, face; Cor H W foot; Corpl F H Black, leg; J R Hodd, side; W A Davis, thigh and arm; Privates D A Ballard, hip; Geo. Craiz, shoulders; J M Davis, thigh; A Dunlop, hand; D T Ferguson, head and back; E J Foster, foot; C W Free, G T Johnson, head; R P Miller, leg; M Morehead, thigh, arm, and side; H G Nabers, thigh, J H Richardson, arm; J G Stewart, leg arnd arm; D Stokes, arm; A J Story, hand; R Thom, arm; J W Weer, leg; J S Hemphill, thigh.
Killed, 3; wounded, 23; total 26.
- Company I--Killed, Privates A White, D W Williams, T G Hollingworth.
Wounded: Lt L Harris, Lt R N Shelton, Lt A A Walden, Privates F C Gregg, R J Stewart, T A Black, F A Brotherton, A J Foster, B F R Harris, A H Propst, J C Terry, G W Strickland.
Killed, 3; wounded, 12; total, 15.
- Company K.--Killed: Priv G W Goff.
Wounded: Lt J H George, Corpl W H King, Corpl Thos B Balland, Privates Peter Casey, J B Cook, J J Cook, Robert H Griffin, H C Lea, Wm B Massingdale, Jno G Gurthric, Killed, 1; wounded, 10; missing, 6; total, 17.
Total killed, 27; wounded, 129; missing, 12.
Grand total, 168.
O. L. Strudwick
Act. Adj't 11th Ala. Reg't.