list of casualties in the 38th Va regiment, on the 16th of May, 1864, near Drewry's Bluff, Capt Geo K Griggs, commanding: field and Staff — wounded: Capt G K Griggs, flesh wound in left thigh; Capt G a Martin, in left shoulder, slightly.
- Co A--Capt Joyee, commanding.--Killed: J L Gosney. Wounded: T W Owen, in left knee; J M Ferrell, right arm; J M Marshall, right knee; J L Carier, right knee; H C Allen, right leg; T S Hawker, left arm amputated; J L Bennet, right thigh: W D H Richardson, right hip.
- Co B — Lt Clements, commanding — Killed: J L Toler. Wounded: S B Dunn, left thigh; H C Hankins, right shoulder, severely; T W Dodd, left arm; W E Robertson, in shoulder, slightly; C W Rigney, right shoulder, severely; J Collins, left knee, severely; W B Craddock, arm; Caleb Adkins, shoulder, severely; J W Allen, breast, slightly; J L Gregory, thigh, severely; R F Hankins, foot.
- Company C--Capt. Grubbs commanding. Killed: Sergt J. M Norman, Wounded: J. E. Richardson, hand; J. R. Payne, arm; J. B. McCormick, thigh; F. W. Bryant, shoulder; O F. Cassada, arm; Lt. J. J. Cassada, though body, dangerously; J. T. Meeks, side and head.
- Company D--Capt. Hundon commanding. Killed: E. B Oakes. Wounded: M. A. Inmon, side, severely; J. F. Gregory, left leg; L. Payne; shoulder; J. H. Walker, leg; H. Powell, thigh broken; Sergt Jas. Booker, thigh severely; Sergt. Jno. Booker, through breast, severely.
- Company E--Capt. Tyree commanding. Killed; H. S. Ashby; W. Hawkins. Wounded; Sergt. J. T. Shackleford, leg and arm; R. H. Gaines, neck; S. H. Hardy, finger off; R. M. Shelton, hip; M. T. Orrender, arm; B. B. Hall. thumb, slightly; J. H. Hardy, hand and hip; W. Hughes, leg, severely; J. A. Powell, two fingers off; J. J. Owen, finger off; L. D. Watkins, through body, dangerously.
- Co F — Lt Adkins, commanding.--Killed: W Saunders. Wounded: W P Roark, breast slightly; S M Carr, head slightly; S J Jones, leg; W Guthrie, through head severely; J B Moon, hand.
- Co G — Lt W J Carter, commanding.--Wounded: J A Moore, leg amputated below knee; H G Burton, face severely: R G Miles, hand slightly; J J Snead, thigh slightly.
- Co H — Lt Segar, commanding.--Killed: W Madison, wounded: Lt Segar, leg; J D Jowler, left leg; Jas Farthings, side; R Dalton, left leg amputated below knee; J W Crenider, shocked by shell; H G Gilly, leg; B Riddle, ankle.
- Co I--Lieut Chaplain commanding.--Killed: Corporals W H Harding, J J Lamant. Wounded: Lt Chaplain, severely in foot; Serg't J W Leath, leg; C E Driskill, two fingers off; W B Minor, finger; M V B Cooper, through body, dangerously; J T West, finger off; C B Phelps, leg amputated, J R Balls, leg; R M Johnson, through body, dangerously; D J Abbot, shoulder; J R Allen, leg; J B Graham, neck; T Hogan, foot.
- Co K — Lieutenant W C Cabaniss commanding.--Wounded: J A Gammon, arm; J Harriss, left arm amputated; J T Halley, hand; W B Dillion, leg; J M Hundley, leg; J R Morrison, hand; R Searer, hip; D Muck, foot; S H Muck, finger off; H H Marshall, leg; B F Stephens, leg amputated; J R Billings, side; W G Davis, finger off.
Captain 38th Va Infantry.
Whig, Enquirer, Examiner, and Sentinel please copy. List of the killed, wounded and missing in the Courtney Artillery, Cutshaw's battalion, on the 17th May, 1864: Killed: Lt R N Vaughan, Private M T Hooper. Wounded: Lt Courtney and Private Jas Abbott. Missing, supposed to have been captured: Lt B C Maxwell, comd'g battery, Serg't B F Morrisett and B W Bennett, Corpia J W Hall, J B Cheatham, Jas Wilson, and Robt E Johnson, Privates Jno Blanom, Jas Buchanan, Henry L Carter, Samuel Conway, Jno W Cross, 3 Ford, D M Hartow, Jas Kersey, James Keith, W McGee, G H Murdon,--Osborne.--Bushbrock, Paul Stanly, Thos A Tyler, and Jas P Tyler.