Read more on the Perseus version history.
New to Perseus? Click here for a short tutorial.
Perseus News and Updates
- Please visit the Perseus Updates blog for news on project activities, research, and initiatives. We invite you to contact us via email to the Perseus webmaster if you have any comments, questions, or concerns.
- April 24, 2019: Current Projects and Initiatives
- Work continues on the Scaife Viewer, our first new reading environment in nearly 15 years. For more, please read About the Scaife Viewer and send us your comments.
- The Perseus Digital Library is a partner and supporter of Open Greek and Latin, an international collaboration committed to creating an open educational resource featuring a corpus of digital texts, deep-reading tools, and open-source software. Look for new OGL materials in the Scaife Viewer.
- News, help and support-related content for this site ("Perseus 4.0") will be updated periodically, but the site collections and infrastructure are no longer under active development as we begin the transition to the next phase of Perseus.
- October 2013
Corrections to Greek and Latin lexicons, Oppian, Smith's Geography, Pausanias, Cassius Dio.
CIDOC RDF download links added for Art and Architecture data.
- June 17, 2013
The navigation bar and text sidebars now include links to the Perseus Catalog.
- April 30, 2013
We have released fixes to typos and other errors in various texts.
- February 27,2013
We have released bug fixes to the following items: the display of Greek letters used to identify subsections in the Lewis and Short Latin Dictionary, broken links to dictionaries in the Word Study tool, and the use of collection limits in searches producing hits in document metadata.
- April 25, 2012
We have addressed some performance issues with the site and fixed a crash in the vocabulary tool. Although some performance problems may persist, we hope that the overall experience is improved. As always, feedback is welcome. Feel free to send detailed error reports to the webmaster.
Perseus contact and support information.
The Perseus Project has been supported by various funders throughout its history:
Perseus has been most recently funded by the Alpheios Project, the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the Institute of Museum and Library Services, the National Endowment for the Humanities, the National Science Foundation, private donations, and Tufts University.
Prior support for the project has been provided by the Annenberg/CPB Project, Apple Computer, the Berger Family Technology Transfer Endowment, Digital Libraries Initiative Phase 2, the Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education part of the U.S. Department of Education, the Getty Grant program, the Modern Language Association, the National Endowment for the Arts, the Packard Humanities Institute, Xerox Corporation, Boston University, and Harvard University.
- Caesar, Gallic War (English, Latin)
- Catullus, Carmina (English, Latin)
- Cicero, In Catilinam I (English, Latin)
- Vergil, Aeneid (English, Latin)
- Herodotus, Histories (English, Greek)
- Homer, Odyssey (English, Greek)
- Plato, Republic (English, Greek)
- Tom Martin, Overview of Classical Greek History from Mycenae to Alexander (English)
- Stoa: Open Access Publication
- The Text Encoding Initiative
- Tufts Digital Library
- Center for Hellenic Studies
- Arachne (DAI object database)
- Deutsches Archäologisches Institut
- Camena-Latin Texts of Early Modern Europe
- Institute for the Study of the Ancient World
- Inscriptions of Aphrodisias
- Imperial College London Internet Centre
- Index Thomisticus
- Perseus under PhiloLogic