|Summary:||Two-storied stoa; on the eastern side of the Agora.|
|Date:||ca. 159 BC - 138 BC|
Facade: 10.65 m high x 112.09 m long x19.4 m wide; portico: 13.3 m deep; windows: 0.08 m x 0.73 m; stairways: 28 steps 0.23 m high x 0.33 m wide; lower, outer Doric column diameter: 0.72 m, intercolumniation: 2.42 m; lower, inner Ionic column intercolumniation: 4.86 m.
Doric lower outer colonnade, with Ionic lower inner colonnade. An upper outer colonnade of Ionic double half-columns, and an upper inner colonnade with palm capitals. Stairways to the 2nd story at each end of the stoa. Each story had 2 aisles and 21 rooms lining the western wall. The rooms of both stories were lighted and vented through doorways and small windows on the back wall.
Identified by a dedicatory inscription on the architrave as built by Attalos II, ruler of Pergamon from 159 B.C. to 138 B.C. The building assumes particular importance in the study of ancient monuments because the reconstruction of 1952 - 1956 replicates the original form.