hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 24. 1 1 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 1 result in 1 document section:

d, Stone union, petty sessional division and county court district, on the road from Stone to Newcastle. Divine service is held every Sunday afternoon in the school by the vicar of Christ Church, Stone. Meaford Hall, on the east side of the Trent, is the seat of Lieut.-Col. William Swinfen W. Parker-Jervis, D. S. O., and has been in the possession of the Jervis family for several generations; here was born, 19th January, 1735, John Jervis, the famous admiral, created Earl St. Vincent, 23rd June, 1797, in recognition of the splendid victory he achieved in that year over the Spanish fleet off Cape St. Vincent. Lieut.-Col. William Swinfen W. Parker-Jervis, D. S. O., is the principal landowner. The soil is gravel; subsoil, sandstone. The land is chiefly in pasture. The area is 1,376 acres. The population is included in Stone parish. Letters through Stone, by messenger, and Stone is the nearest money order and telegraph office. The children of this place attend the school at Ston