hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 13. 1 1 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 1 result in 1 document section:

Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 13., The Congregational Church of West Medford. (search)
sixty-one have been added to our membership, ninety-two by letter and sixty-nine on confession, up to the time of the annual meeting in December, 1909. At that date the membership was three hundred and twenty-five. Of fifty-seven families on our roll during the first ten years of our organization twenty are still connected with us. The pastors and their wives who have served our church so well are now living, except Mr. Jaggar, who died November 28, 1899, and Mrs. Cutter, who died March 15, 1909. Mr. Jaggar's decided stand saved us for thirty years from raising money by questionable methods. Mr. Cutter calmly viewed and patiently endured conditions for which there was no present help. He was the one man in a hundred who could hold the fort in that period. In clearing off the mortgage Mr. Hood exercised his special talent. Then we had freedom to enlarge our membership. Mr. Stebbins enforced the value of personal allegiance and consecration to Jesus, and built up the church