mhouse, which was later moved on the opposite side of Main street. On the south side of his dwelling-house was an extensive apple orchard (destroyed by canker-worms in the '50s), which afterward became the Mystic Trotting Park.
Squire Nathan was prominent in town affairs.
Deacon Nathan Adams lived half-way up Winter Hill on the west side of Main street. Children were Nathan, Thomas, Andrew, John Q:, Edward E., Elizabeth (Mrs. Staniels), Almira (Mrs. Austin), Catherine and Rebecca.
Peter T. Adams (son of Squire Nathan), a farmer, lived at one time in the Willis house.
He built and lived in what was the next house south therefrom.
George E. Adams was later Division Superintendent of the Middlesex Horse Railroad in Medford, with stables in his barns.
He drove the pioneer Sunday car into Boston.
College Field, lying between Two-penny brook, the railroad and Harvard street, now intersected by streets bearing names of colleges, was, in 1870, the location of the Massachusetts